Happy New Year!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and are embracing the new year with excitement and anticipation. I can’t help but be excited about the upcoming season of Wiawaka which will be filled with great programming and events for all as well as some updates to our buildings and grounds, including:
- The design and construction of accessible pathways at Wakonda Lodge and to the dock. (Made possible with the help of the Glens Falls Foundation, Lake George Rotary and the LA Group)
- The collaboration with Lake George Music Festival to offer a full concert and wine & chocolate tasting at Wiawaka.
- The addition of three “Mommy and Me” art afternoons to allow mothers with young children the opportunity to enjoy Wiawaka.
- An expanded Georgia O’Keeffe week and additional themed weeks including, writing and gardening.
- The return of our Women’s Lecture Series with a new slate of inspirational women presenting.
If you haven’t done so already, I encourage you to view our programs and book your stay. We have some very full days already and only expect that to increase. Remember a 50% deposit is needed to secure your reservation. There are several reservations in the system without that deposit, so please take care of that soon and call me or Lisa today to pay your deposit. Thank you!
Meaghan J. Wilkins