Wiawaka is located in the Adirondack Mountains, near the village of Lake George, NY (approximately 4 hours from NYC). The closest airport is Albany, NY, but you may also choose to fly into New York City and travel north from NYC.
- Take NYS Thruway to the Northway (I 87).
- Continue to Exit 21. Take exit 21 off the Northway.
- Follow signs to Lake George village to Route 9.
- Turn left on Route 9.
- In about 0.3 miles, turn right onto 9L.
- Wiawaka is 2 miles up 9L on your left.
- Sign reads Wiawaka Holiday House
The closest train station to Wiawaka is Fort Edward-Glen Falls (15 minutes away), situated on Amtrak’s Adirondack line to Montreal, one of the most scenic routes in the entire US. The ride from NY Penn Station to Fort Edward takes approximately 4 hours.
Greyhound bus line offers direct service from New York to Lake George village
If you fly directly into Albany, there are a couple of options for getting from Albany’s airport to Lake George: Rent a car at the Albany airport and drive one hour north to the Lake, take a taxi or call the Trailways Bus Line from Albany. Call for departure times, 1-800-776-7548.